The Benefits of Your NDA MEMBERSHIP...
The National Demolition Association has always viewed itself as a “business support entity” for its ENVIRONMENTAL
This organizational philosophy motivates the Association to develop programs and services of high utility to the business people that manage companies involved in the demolition process.
Certainly the vast majority of NDA members belong to the Association because they identify themselves as demolition contractors or suppliers to the industry. The “Branding” of the organization as the “representative” of all those involved in the demolition process has met with great success as people join because they want to make a strong statement to their clients, their markets and the general public that they are involved in “demolition,” be it structural dismantlement, implosion, facilities
decontamination, C&D recycling, equipment manufacturing or insurance.
Here is a list of some of the National Demolition Association’s programs, services and initiatives:
- Three C&D Recycling White Papers
- Annual Environmental Excellence Awards
- Testimony on environmental and recycling issues on State & Regional levels
- Membership in SWANA, CSDA, APA, Urban Land Institute, ASCE
- Work with U.S. EPA’s Office of Resource Conservation & Recovery, Office of Radiation & Indoor Air Quality, Office of Air Programs on environmental and recycling issues
- Stormwater Management information for Construction Industry
- Website sources such as Ass’ns involved with C&D Recycling
- List of C&D Recycling facilities and Landfills in all 50 states.
- Participation in the U.S. EPA/ICMA sponsored Annual National Brownfields Association Conference
- Demolition Safety Manual
- Industry-specific Hazard Communication Program
- “Starting Out Right” - New Employee Orientation Video
- Demolition Safety Talks Program
- Skid Steer Safety Video
- OSHA-funded demolition-specific Lead-in- Construction Training Program
- High Reach Demolition Machine Safe Work Practice
- Disaster Site Worker Training & Certification Program
- Industry White Paper on Role of Demolition Contractor in Disaster Response
- Participation in ANSI A10.6 Demolition Operations Standard Program
- Web-based NDA Learning System offering over 7,000 training & educational programs
- Bi-lingual nature of most Association Safety offerings
- Comprehensive public relations program designed to educate and enlighten the Demolition Industry, our clients, government officials, the construction and real estate communities and the general public with the work of the demolition contractors and supplier members of the NDA
- Bi-monthly publication of Demolition Magazine, the voice of the Demolition Industry, the Association’s trade publication
- Bi-monthly Business Owner providing insightful financial, tax, management information to the members of the NDA
- Weekly NDA Newsletter delivered via email alerting Industry Members to Association initiatives, government regulatory efforts, industry business, etc.
- Annual “Demolition Insert” in McGraw-Hill’s Engineering News-Record magazine showcasing successful industry projects
- Industry/Association Tagline Making Way
- Logoed-items including clothes, publications, decals, etc. to show pride of membership in the Industry’s organization
- The Demolition Industry Annual Convention the largest exposition of demolition-specific equipment and services in the world.
- Affiliation with other international demolition associations such as the NFDC in the United Kingdom, the European Demolition Association, demolition organizations in Australia and New Zealand as well are work with ISRI, CMRA, SWANA, ULI, etc.
- Development of a Strategic Plan designed and implemented to plan for NDA’s long-term goals and initiatives
- Industry Council representation to secure the insights of NDA Associate members concerning Association programs
- Development of comprehensive NDA/Demolition Industry Website, the source of “all things demolition globally”
Association website provides marketing assistance, company locator services offered by states/ provinces of operation, industry public relations, on-line library, educational/training courses, recycling & landfill locations, state licensing requirements, Job Board, Industry Buyers Guide and other pertinent information on the demolition process. INSURANCE
- Complete Personal Insurance Coverage - Health, Dental, Prescription Drugs, Income Protection, Disability, Long-Term Care, Term Life Insurance offerings
- Aid to disaster-impacted Fire Depts. thru Fireman’s Fund/Apollo General Insurance Agency Program
- Demolition sub-major at Purdue University with NDA Professional Instructors
- NDA Student Chapter(s)
- Paid Internships/summer work opportunities
- Demolition textbook including industry “Means & Methods”
- Regional Training Programs
- Biannual Industry Lifetime Achievement Award
- College Scholarships for high school seniors and continuing education students