Environmental Excellence Award
| | 2013 NDA Environmental Excellence Award
The NDA will provide recognition in the form of an annual awards to Association firms that can show significant environmental conservation and community improvement.
| ELIGIBILITY |
- Any private or public project is eligible to qualify. Projects are eligible even if environmental work is not their central mission.
- Individuals and businesses with membership in the NDA.
- Community Recognition Receive the recognition you deserve for being innovators in your industry.
- Positive Publicity Demonstrate your company’s commitment to proactive environmental solutions and community improvement.
- Opportunity to Share Innovation Exponentially expand your program’s positive impacts by publishing your best practices model for other organizations to emulate.
| CATEGORIES |
- Sustainability Implement processes that use natural resources efficiently and do not create hazardous or toxic wastes. Conduct outreach to the local community protect and preserve any natural habitats.
- Community Enhancement Does the project significantly improve the local community, its infrastructure, economic development or cityscape.
- Environmental Enterprise Unique and innovative solutions that provide significant environmental and social benefit.
- Technical feasibility.
- Commercial viability.
- Education Educational initiatives which primarily serve the local environment. Educational programs beyond those associated with internal environmental, health and safety compliance programs.
- Pollution Prevention/Resource Conservation Implement comprehensive and formalized policies, programs, systems and procedures beyond compliance. Use resources efficiently. Thoroughly train all employees.
|NOMINATION GUIDELINES |
- Anyone is eligible to nominate or endorse a deserving NDA member individual, organization, or business for an award. Candidates must be members in good standing with the Association. The successful candidate will have conducted a project that specifically benefits the local environment or community in which the project was executed.
- Submit a completed form, along with the supporting information indicated below.
|Candidate Name Affiliation Mailing Address Day Phone Fax Email Address || Nominator Name Affiliation Mailing Address|
Day Phone Fax Email Address
NOMINATIONS & SELECTION
- Nominations will be reviewed by the NDA Environmental Achievement Selection Committee.
- NDA Environmental Achievement Selection Committee will make final selection.
NOMINATIONS WILL BE JUDGED ON THE BASIS OF:
- Demonstrated personal or organizational commitment to the environment that has produced measurable, positive change.
- Enthusiasm and resourcefulness in educating and inspiring others.
- Development and implementation of projects that show outstanding merit and innovation in environmental conservation, protection, preservation, or pollution prevention.
- Extent to which project/endeavor goes beyond normal practices or exceeds standard requirements.
AWARDS NOMINATION APPLICATION FORM ... APPLY NOW
||INTENT OF THE AWARD Develop and stimulate public awareness and achievement in environmental progress provided by National Demolition Association members. Recognize leadership and innovation in “green” development and in individual and corporate environmental stewardship. Recognize and promote the efforts of citizens and businesses in bettering their local and regional environment. |
________________ Environmental Excellence Award Application Instructions Please include the following items with this completed form: Letter of Nomination: Describe the candidate(s) and the accomplishments to be considered for award (maximum two pages). What was the environmental problem or achievement and how did the candidate and/or project work to find a solution? What was the benefit to the environment and community? Did the candidate partner with other people/organizations? How long did the project take? Is the project ongoing or will it serve as a model for others? What were the lessons learned? How does the project contribute to the long-term environmental health and sustainability of the community? What are the measurable impacts of the effort? Documentation: Include any documentation available such as photos, articles, brochures, and/or letters of endorsement that will assist in the review of the application. Please note – materials submitted may not be returned.
________________ SUBMIT TO: ENVIRONMENTAL EXCELLENCE AWARD SELECTION COMMITTEE c/o National Demolition Association 16 North Franklin Street, Suite 203 Doylsetown, PA 18901
________________ PRESENTATION OF AWARD An Environmental Excellence Award plaque will be presented by the President and the Chair of the Environment Committee at the Annual NDA meeting.
________________ Recipients and their projects may at the NDA’s discretion be described and presented in press releases, web pages, brochures, and/or other publications.